Your wedding catering service is one of the most critical aspects of your wedding. It can make or break the event. Your guests might not remember anything else about the wedding, but the food you served them will not be forgotten, especially if it wasn’t too good. Your caterer must get it right.
St Cloud, Minnesota has many wedding caterers, but not all of them can create the perfect menu you would like to have for your wedding. You might want to compare the services of several wedding catering services St Cloud MN has to offer. Do they have a proven track record in providing outstanding wedding cuisines? Other than preparing the meals, do they provide other services? And what are their charges? Don’t be afraid to ask all these questions.
Here are is some advice to get you started on finding the right caterer for your wedding.
Choosing the Right Caterer
Don’t go for a wedding catering service simply because it is located near you or because you heard it is the cheapest in town. Choose a caterer because he can be able to meet all your needs. A personal recommendation is always the best guide. Ask for names of caterers from friends, colleagues or relatives who have recently done weddings.
Once you have obtained a few names of caterers in St Cloud, run them through the following questions:
Business and Payment Matters
- Do you have a license and insurance? These credentials will show you if the service provider is truly a professional.
- Do you have experience in catering for weddings? Consider companies which not only cater St Cloud MN area but also provide wedding catering services Central MN region.
- How far in advance is booking required?
- How much deposit is required to secure the date?
- What is your cancellation or refund policy?
- Is the final price inclusive of VAT?
- Which payment methods do you accept?
- What is your ratio of guests to servers?
- What shall the servers be wearing during the event?
- How many other weddings are you catering for on the same day?
- Is there going to be a supervisor to oversee the event?
- Do you provide utensils, glassware and linen? What type are they?
- Do you provide equipment such as chairs, tables and marquees? How much do you charge for it?
- If the wedding equipment is for hire, will you cater for its delivery, cleaning and return?
- How do you handle leftover food? Can it be packed for guests to take home?
Food, Drinks and the Cake
- Given the event style and budget, which food choices would you recommend?
- Are your menus flexible? Can you accommodate special dishes?
- Do you cater for special dietary requirements?
- Do you have a children menu?
- Do you offer tasting sessions and how soon can you plan for one?
- Do you bake wedding cakes? Can you provide pictures of cakes you have done in the past?
- Do you provide alcoholic drinks and which brands do you serve?
- Do you charge a corkage fee?
- Until what time will the alcoholic drinks be served?
- Do you have the right glassware to serve drinks?
Weddings are joyous celebrations and getting the right caterer will surely make the event more memorable not only for the newlyweds but for the guests as well. For more information on how to locate reliable catering services available in St. Cloud MN, visit http://blueheronsupperclub.com/catering/wedding-catering-great-blue-heron/ or call 320-685-3831 to get a quote.Read More